Using a collaborative approach for delivery, WPE provide environmental consulting services to navigate and negotiate on your behalf at a local, state and federal level in the preparation and delivery of environmental approvals, including environment impact assessments.
DOES YOUR NEXT MAJOR PROJECT REQUIRE ENVIRONMENTAL APPROVALS?
UNSURE OF THE CURRENT LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS?
NEED A SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT TO STREAMLINE THE PROCESS?
Wall Planning & Environmental Consulting effectively facilitates the environmental approvals process for resource, major developments and regeneration projects.
WE HAVE PROVIDED ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICES TO:
WHY DO YOU NEED ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICES?
Queensland is a complex kaleidoscope of cultural, historic and environmentally sensitive areas. Getting the greenlight for a project often requires a detailed study of the potential environmental, economic and social impacts to the region coupled with to minimise, mitigate or offset them.
Wall Planning & Environmental Consulting can help with:
HOW WE HELP
What’s the benefit to using WPE for
environmental consulting services?
Early identification and assessment of potential environmental impacts is critical to the success of any major project. Managed incorrectly, the ramifications can be catastrophic to both the environment and an organisation’s reputation.
In preparing the environmental statements, non-technical summaries and all associated documentation, engaging WPE helps you to manage:
You don’t know what you don’t know. And what you don’t know has impacts across the project, predominantly time and cost.
Developing a clear understanding of your environmental risk profile benefits both the project and the community.
WPE consultants know how approvals work.
Their skills lie in their ability to provide succinct and accurate plans and reports that effectively address the required criteria, providing greater clarity to the process, reducing clarification and negotiation time.
Early identification, risk mitigation and realistic approval times on educated and effective submissions save you early establishment costs and long-term project costs.
WPE have the experience and knowledge to minimise unexpected costs.
WEP’s Guide To All Things Environmental Planning
Do you remember the last time you visited a park and used its public barbeque? Do you remember how lovely it felt to be at one with nature, sharing the space with all the native plants and wildlife? Well, you have successful environmental planning to thank for that. Environmental planning involves developing productive ways to utilise land without destroying the environment on which it stands. Essentially, it’s a win-win situation. Here at WEP, we’re expert environmental planning consultants, and we use our expertise to help clients develop proposals that are both efficient for the community and sustainable for the environment. Still unsure of how it all works? Find out more below.
What Is Involved In Environmental Planning?
Now you know what environmental planning is, it’s time to dive right into what the process entails. Sustainability planning:
- Evaluate how social, political, and economic factors, directly and indirectly, affect the environment. This might look like urban or regional development and governance frameworks.
- Considers the area’s existing uses, its infrastructure, and its natural resources. That includes resource management and integrated land use.
- Involves conducting risk evaluations performed by professionals
- Requires an impact assessment often conducted by an expert environmental impact assessment consultant.
Common Misconceptions People Have About Environmental Planning
During our decade of operation, we’ve come across many misconceptions people have about sustainability planning, so we’re here to set the record straight. Below are several myths you might have heard about environmental planning:
- MYTH: Consultants are inexperienced as anyone can be a town planner
- Actually, to become a town planner or environmental consultant, you need to complete tertiary education. That means when you employ help from environmental consulting firms, they’ll provide you with expert advice and solutions from those who have completed university studies, often in multidisciplinary fields (as is the case with our team at WEP).
- MYTH: It’s easier if I handle all the planning and paperwork myself
- Many people think doing everything yourself is the best course of action, but did you know that hiring environmental consultants actually speeds up the process? That’s because not only do they have the experience collating information and filling out forms, but they have made it a priority to build meaningful relationships with local governments and departments that assist in speeding up the proposal and planning process.
- MYTH: Hiring environmental consulting companies is a waste of money
- This is untrue, as hiring environmental consulting professionals can actually saveyou money in the long run. As we focus on business activities and growth, we also help your employees upskill, making their work more effective and efficient.
- MYTH: There isn’t much involved in environmental planning anyway
- As you read earlier, there is a lot more involved than what appears on the surface, so hiring a professional consultant is always recommended. Not only will they help with paperwork, but environmental consulting agencies will conduct research, surveys, help with risk assessment, identify stakeholders, communicate with local governments, and work to educate you and your staff.
- MYTH: Environmental planning involves planting trees and stuff, doesn’t it?
- Yes and no. While environmental planning does involve the preservation and sustainability of natural environments, it’s more about creating spaces where the community can operate cohesively with the environment and resources around it.
The Importance Of Hiring Experienced Sustainability Consultants
When you hire experienced sustainability consultants, you’ll be employing a knowledgeable team of specialists who understand what is needed for effective environmental planning. Not only do sustainability consultants work to protect natural resources, they understand industry practices that allow them to avoid legal issues and ensure the health and safety of all involved. This extends to the broader community and the occupying wildlife. More than that, however, environmental consultants work with you and your team to ensure everyone is on the right page. This is commonly known as coaching transfer, whereby sustainability firms dedicate time and expertise to helping train staff to understand and adhere to environmental compliance.
If You Need Environmental Planning Assistance, Contact The Specialists At Wall Planning & Environmental Consulting
For over 10 years, Wall Planning & Environmental Consulting has been providing quality community engagement services throughout the Central Queensland region. We’re renowned for our honesty, integrity, reliability and extensive industry knowledge. We’re proud to provide unrivalled environmental consulting services while refusing to compromise on quality. If you’re in the resources, property, energy, or government sector and on the lookout for a multi-disciplinary business that can help with your next property, infrastructure or community project, contact Wall Planning & Environmental Consulting today.